Wednesday, November 12, 2014

GIVEAWAY! Comment to Win TWO Signed Copies of Undercurrent!

--By Sara
Comment with your name for a chance to win TWO signed copies of Undercurrent - One for you, and one just in time to give away for Christmas! 

Two winners will be drawn randomly 
on Thursday, November 20! 

So, Friday afternoon as I was walking home from the bus stop with the kids, FedEx dropped off a package at our front door.


We sliced the box open and everyone grabbed a book. There was a lot of shrieking and squealing and dancing, plus much barking from our three very supportive dogs.

I could hardly believe I was holding my first published book in my hands. I got a little sentimental and dug out the first "book" I ever wrote, from the year the writing bug hit me full force.


Yup, check that out. My first diary, and my first memory of putting pen to paper with a purpose. I was ten years old.

Fun fact: That's also the year I ventured into piano lessons, and the heroine in Undercurrent is a concert pianist.

Twenty-five years later, I'm still writing and playing the piano, and I can't imagine life any other way.


What childhood passion has followed you into adulthood?
For extra drawing entries:
1. Include your answer to the above question in your comment.
2. Share this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter, and let me know about it.

14 comments:

  1. Sewing, I love sewing. ...

    shared on fb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in awe of people who can sew. I once spent hours sewing an outfit for a baby niece, and it fell apart the first time through the wash. ha! Thanks for the comment and the share! :)

      Delete
  2. Interior design. I used to go into people's homes and mentally rearrange their rooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing on fb too - congrats Sara!!!

      Delete
    2. Get thee over to my house! You should see what I did to the girls' room today - I went a little loony b/c of the mess. I think they've outgrown the little girl furniture...sigh. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Books! I loved to read as a child. Laura Ingalls Wilder was my favorite. I pretended to be Laura Ingalls living on a prairie in the middle of suburbia. I still love to read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I just read the first of the Little House books to my kids. Three of them really enjoyed it (yes, even one of the boys!). :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Stacey Pendergrast is my name. Shared on Facebook. Congrats on your first book!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the entry and the share!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding places of quiet beauty... And, I'm still on the lookout!

      Delete